Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine – Tulane Heart and Vascular Institute – Subspecialty: Electrophysiology
Tulane University School of Medicine’s Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking a qualified Electrophysiologist to join its faculty group as an Assistant or Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine. This position will be responsible for the instruction and teaching of cardiology fellows and for patient care at three hospital and clinic sites in the Greater New Orleans Area. www.tulaneheart.com
Clinical responsibilities include:
- Electrophysiology coverage at Tulane University Hospital and Clinic (“TUHC”), the University Medical Center (“UMC”), the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System (“SLVHS”), and outpatient clinic responsibilities at these sites and at outreach sites as assigned.
- Active in the development of the electrophysiology program at TUHC, UMC, and the VA.
- After hours and weekend cardiology coverage at TUHC and UMC, and at the new VA hospital when it opens, in rotation with other Tulane Heart and Vascular Institute clinical physicians.
Teaching responsibilities include formal and informal teaching activities for medicine residents, cardiology fellows, and medical students. Attendance and participation in at least 75% of all cardiology conferences is expected.
- Research responsibilities will include
- Developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies.
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected, and at least one publication per year is encouraged.
- The above responsibilities are determined from time to time by the Division of Cardiology and Heart and Vascular Institute and are subject to change based on the needs of the University.
- M.D. who has successfully completed a Cardiology fellowship program and a two-year Electrophysiology fellowship program
- U.S. Citizen
- Electrophysiology Board Eligible or Board Certified
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to: email@example.com