Our Mission is to Promote the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease, including Stroke, in Blacks and other Minorities and to Achieve Health Equity for all through the Elimination of Disparities.
Sign Up for the ABC Mailing ListSign Up
ABC-HIC Joint Conference
Join us in Jamaica in January for Conversations with Masters in Cardiology: Cardiovascular Care & Technology in Low Resource Environments. Early Bird Registration extended to November 16, 2018.
- Host Hotel: Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston, Jamaica
- Distinguished Faculty
- Community Service Opportunities
- Networking Activities and Special Events
Are you ready to quit smoking? Join Freedom From Smoking® Plus!
Your free Freedom From Smoking® Plus membership includes:
- 12 months of unlimited access to the online program, available 24/7 on your smartphone, tablet and computer.
- Live telephone and chat support from the quit-smoking specialists at the Lung HelpLine
- Freedom From Smoking online community support.
- Nine highly-interactive sessions to prepare you for your Quit Day and help you stay smoke free for good
- Certificate of Completion
Free Medication Therapy Management Program
This free program joins together physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other health care stakeholders for an interactive 2-hours that will help providers better understand the current MTM landscape, help determine how you can get involved to help your underserved minority patients, and provide the opportunity to interact and strengthen relationships with other committed providers in their area.Learn More
Through the ABC, I have developed significant mentoring relationships with many prominent cardiologists throughout the nation who have helped to broaden my research focus and strengthen my clinical endeavors.
ABC is on the forefront of health equity. Even though I am not a black cardiologist, I feel that the mission and values of the organization are very aligned with my own and the organization is very inclusive.
I was successful in winning the Dr. Jay Brown Best Abstract award. This helped to foster collaborations and mentorship which have been invaluable for a junior attending.
The ABC has helped me to build and maintain professional relationships across numerous specialties in different institutions.
One of the things I like best about ABC is that they actively promote research and collaboration among its members and with other groups/institutions.