COVID-19 Bias and Anti-Racism Training Act
U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA) announced a new bill, the COVID-19 Bias and Anti-Racism Training Act, intended to address inequities in our health care system. This $200 million initiative supports bias and anti-racism training for health care providers and others involved in COVID-19 testing, treatment and vaccine distribution. This legislation also promotes accountability to ensure people of color receive equal access to quality health care. Representative Alma S. Adams (D0NC-12) will introduce companion in the House of Representatives.
Press Release can be found HERE.
We know there are a lot of questions about COVID-19, and the impact is evolving every day. These frequently asked questions – ABC COVID-19 FAQ Watch and ABC COVID-19 FAQ Watch Second Edition – are for the health care provider audience. Please check back for regular updates.
You can also watch ABC’s webinar, At The Heart of The Matter: Unmasking the Invisibility of COVID-19 in Diverse Populations, to learn more about the virus.
Science and Clinical Coverage
- Association of cardiac injury with mortality in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China.
- COVID-19 and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers: what is the evidence?
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and cardiovascular disease.
- Cardiovascular Considerations for Patients, Health Care Workers, and Health Systems During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic.
- Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study.
- Catheterization Laboratory Considerations During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: From ACC’s Interventional Council and SCAI.
- Council on Black Health: What Coronavirus Means for Black Communities
- The Balm In Gilead: COVID-19 Resources
- Black Women’s Health Imperative: Surviving COVID-19 Tips and Tools For Your Lifestyle
- Black Health Matters: Coronavirus Coverage
- NAACP: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- AARP: Fraud Watch
- Shared Harvest Fund: MyCovidMD App – free testing and access to telehealth services for under-resourced communities during the Coronavirus Public Health crisis.