A scholarship award for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year medical students who show promise in medical research, cardiology and academic medicine. This scholarship was created to promote diversity in medicine, encourage commitment to eliminating health care disparities and support future cardiologists, while helping to alleviate medical student debt.
African American and other minority 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th-year medical students.
$5,000 scholarships will be awarded to recipients in honor of Dr. Richard Allen Williams.
DeadlineJuly 29, 2022
Awards are based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability, interest, and participation in the promotion of health for Black and/or other underserved communities;
- Participation in research or other extracurricular activities demonstrated academic pursuits and clinical acumen; and
- Proven leadership during his or her academic pursuits.
Applicants should submit the following documents via the online form below :
- A one-page statement of interest
- Official medical school transcript
- Recent curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor at current medical school (or email LOR to Tierra Dillenburg here)
- The deadline is on July 29, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET
Contact Tierra Dillenburg here.