Corporate and Foundations Manager
REPORT TO: Senior Business Development Officer (SBDO)
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 – $70,000 annually
The Association of Black Cardiologists (ABC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, including stroke, in Black and other marginalized communities; and to achieving health equity for all through the elimination of disparities. The organization consists of nearly 2,000 members (healthcare professionals, community, and corporate/institutional members) and produces timely programs, events, and activities to accomplish its mission.
ABC is seeking an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented professional to lead the corporate and
foundation giving program. The Corporate and Foundations Manager (CFM)
position is a full-time, exempt position reporting directly to the SBDO.
The CFM will be an integral member of the ABC team and is responsible for helping to coordinate the full range of fundraising activities for the organization. Specifically, this individual will co-create, implement, and manage strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and closure of gifts and grants from corporate and foundation partners to benefit the ABC. The CFM must have excellent communication and presentation skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and demonstrate a commitment to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and sustainable growth. Superb grant writing capabilities are most essential.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborates with the SBDO to develop strategies and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for corporate and foundation giving.
• Responsible for renewing all current grants, including writing grant proposals and coordinating interdepartmental input in the grant application processes.
• Responsible for writing all grant application budgets in conjunction with the SBDO.
• Ensure compliance with grant agreements
• Complete all required foundation grant reporting, including narrative and financial reports, working with program, research, and finance staff to compile accurate information and ensure timely submission
• Oversee recognition and stewardship process, including grant acknowledgment letters
• Conduct foundation prospect research, creating a robust prospect pipeline; maintain master calendar
• Record and track all grant activity in project management tool and database, including grant renewals, grant reports and foundation prospect outreach
• Assist with other external writing projects as needed such as website content, fact sheets, case studies and monthly newsletters
• Assist SBDO and CEO to develop and/or deliver presentations for foundation prospects and funders
• Perform related duties as assigned by SBDO/CEO.
In addition, all ABC employees are responsible for the following:
• Participating in outreach and fundraising events, including evenings and weekends, when scheduled.
• Participating in civic engagement activities that advance the mission of the ABC.
• Performing other duties, as assigned
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in grant writing, grant management, or related work within the field of nonprofit development/communication
• Undergraduate degree required
• Exceptional grant writing skills, including a record of success writing winning proposals and LOI’s
• Experience in writing detailed grant reports
• Experience with grant budgeting and knowledge of the basics of nonprofit finance/accounting
• Experience with grant management and grant stewardship best practices
• Experience with, and/or knowledge of, the institutional/foundation giving landscape and private foundation funding process and norms
• Excellent foundation research/prospecting skills
• Experience with project management tools and donor databases (i.e. SalesForce CRM)
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate between departments and work with diverse colleagues with varying specialties
• Highly organized and detail-oriented; A team player with outstanding judgment, highly developed analytical abilities, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multitask
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Ability to quickly learn the policy and research terminology
• Excellent computer proficiency, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Google Suite and internet research skills
• Must be able to work independently, under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
• Customer Focus: Strives to understand the ABC constituents, their businesses, issues, unique culture, needs and expectations.
• Business Acumen: Keeps abreast of industry and trends. Understands broad healthcare issues and their potential impact/ramifications on the broader community. Has a genuine interest in ABC’s mission, goals and overall objectives.
• Results Orientation: Understands organizational expectations and goals. Develops effective plans for setting priorities and establishing goals and objectives. Delivers on commitments by achieving or exceeding targets.
• Interpersonal Savvy: Builds appropriate rapport and constructive, effective relationships internally and externally. Relates well to people of different cultures and personality styles. Listens to understand the needs, intentions and values of others.
• Team effectiveness: Works well with people at varying levels. Is a team player and motivator. Invites inputs from others, shares ownership and visibility with others.
• Integrity, Trust and Values: Demonstrates integrity and builds trust in all relationships through fair, honest, and consistent behavior. Keeps confidences and honors commitments. Maintains high professional and personal standards.
Note: This position is virtual for the time being until working in-person on site at our downtown Washington DC office is permitted. ABC is in downtown Washington DC and easily accessible by public transportation. The work schedule is 9 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard time during weekdays with possible occasional travel and evening events.
The starting salary for this position is $60,000. Benefits also provided.
The Association embraces workforce diversity and welcomes all qualified candidate submissions.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 15, 2021.