A scholarship award for 1st or 2nd year medical students who show promise in medical research, cardiology and academic medicine. This scholarship was created to promote diversity in medicine, encourage commitment to eliminating health care disparities and support future cardiologists, while helping to alleviate medical student debt.
African American and other minority 1st or 2nd year medical students
$5,000 scholarships will be awarded to recipients in honor of Dr. Richard Allen Williams. Winners will be announced by September 25, 2020.
DeadlineAugust 28, 2020
Congratulations to the 2019 Scholarship Winners:
- Ramael Ohiomoba, MPH, second year medical student at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Aude Bouagnon, PhD, first year medical student at the University of California San Francisco.
Awards are based upon the following criteria:
- Demonstrated ability, interest, and participation in the promotion of health for the African American community
- Participation in research or other extracurricular activities, demonstrated academic pursuits and clinical acumen
- Proven leadership during his or her academic pursuits
Applicants should submit the following documents via the online form below:
- A one-page statement of interest
- Official medical school transcript
- Recent curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from a professor at current medical school